Saturday, July 22, 2006

I Heart Michael Mann

If you're wondering why I am in on an icky humid rainy Saturday night, I have two words for you: MIAMI VICE.

Yep, tonight they are running the pilot episode and let me tell you, after all this time the theme song, with the synthesized drum lead in and the opening montage of Miami STILL gives me major goosebumps.

For a geeky frozen New England teenager, the prospect of running away to Miami and living the high life with Crockett and Tubbs was second only to running away with Duran Duran.


Sunshine, pastels, bikinis, fast boats, beaches, cocaine, guns, and stucco - heady stuff!

Michael Mann has the ability to capture a look on film in a way that no one else can. Dark, sleek, forward moving, macho - I can't explain it, but damn, I love it.

No comments: