Saturday, October 18, 2008

What I love about baseball.

Ok you know what, I am not much of a baseball fan. It's not that I don't like baseball or anything, it's just that I am not that into it.

It's like a really great guy who is so great on paper, but who you just don't click with in real life, no matter how hard you want to. That's how it is with me and baseball.

So Thursday night when I switched off the tv after the news, pretty much the sports reporter was saying it was all over for the Sox and aside from a small twinge of sadness I felt for Red Sox nation, I mostly didn't care.

And then Friday I didn't really catch up on the news too much. No one in the office really said anything about it, and when I sort of heard other people talking about the game I kinda tuned it out like I usually do.

So at lunch time when I went to the library I FINALLY saw the sports pages and realized that the Sox had indeed won!

I expressed my amazement at this fact to the librarian and the woman in line behind me starts giving me a detailed account of how the game was turned around. This is a woman I often see at the library - she wears a really tight head covering and has a mouth full of gold teeth and apparently is a sports fanatic. Well, maybe just a baseball fanatic.

I got an animated play-by-play, which was kind of wasted on me, but which was hugely entertaining, even more so when the librarian started offering supplemental highlights.

So now I am hoping the Sox take it all.....the......way..... if for no other reason than to go back to the library for more recaps!

No comments: