Didn't your mother ever teach you that just because everyone else is doing it, that doesn't mean you should do it?
Taking bribes is tacky. And there really is no way to gracefully come back from it. Especially when you've been photographed stuffing your brassiere with hundreds and with fifties.
Stuffing your bra? Please. That is SO high school, not to mention it looks utterly ungraceful on film.
I read the entire affadavit and a couple of things:
1. "Heightened" is spelled incorrectly on page three, line 15.
2. Who is Ron Wilborn? Is he the "CW"? And has anyone heard of the Back Bay Entertainment group?
3. Page 12, line 25 - good to know that backdoor deals are still done at the Parker House. At least that part hasn't changed.
4. A question: Item 29 (page 12, line 21) is her trip to Foxwoods. It just says that she went and ate and gambled. No mention of where the gambling money came from, so we can't say it's extortion money, and gambling is legal in Connecticut, so why that notation? I wonder what information they are leaving out.
5. I would bet that almost every elected official is right about now saying "oh f*ck". And trying desperately to remember every last interaction they had with her.
Eh, really it was just a matter of time. I really think that the shelf life of a politician is about 8 years. After that they all succumb to the corruption of politics and go rotten.