Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

It's 2008! Whoo hoo!

I have to just say that I still haven't sorted out my New Year's Resolutions so much. I did come up with a couple more though

7. Go to one show a month. I don't go to enough live music, movies, or theater performances as I would like. If I at least go to one a month, that's twelve a year and that's about nine more than last year!

8. Keep the Shampagne Supernova on the road for 2008. I have been sort of lackadaisical about putting any care into the 240 because quite frankly I paid $650 for it, it's taken a beating, and it sort of looks like a Coors beer can that was crushed and then uncrushed and then given four wheels and a transmission. So it's been a tough car to love, especially after the Blue Bomber and the Satanmobile. But now that it hasn't crapped out on me, it's time to return the love, get a can of Bondo, and sort out the trim, and the steering is a bit wobbly...

9. Learn how to swim underwater without plugging my nose. I really don't know how and considering how much I love to be in the pool or in the ocean it seems like something I ought to know how to do.

10. Get rid of all my junk. Not the junk in the trunk, but the junk everywhere else. I have an absurd amount of junk in my house. It's going to kill me. So I need to kill it first.

One thing I will NOT be doing in 2008 is have a baby. Having a baby just for the heck of it seems to have been the theme of 2007. It sort of seemed like suddenly everyone in Hollywood sprouted the "bump". Jessica Alba, Jamie Lynn Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Halle Berry, Lily Allen all let the nickel drop. Quite frankly I am surprised that Tara Reid, Paris Hilton, and Anna Nicole Smith aren't preggo too.

Oh wait, Anna Nicole died in 2007. Nevermind. And I really thought that Tom Cruise would have figured out how to get his own self pregnant by now.

I think that I would really rather just have a fabulous designer handbag. Although I am trying not to have so much stuff. But then again a handbag isn't so much "stuff" as it is "a necessary component of living, like food and oxygen".

And unlike a baby, you can store your fabulous designer handbag in the closet when you are bored with it.

No comments: