Saturday, January 05, 2008

Resolution #9 DONE!

The best part about banging out New Year's Resolutions in January is that then they are DONE and you can go on about your life.

Resolution #9 - swim under water without plugging my nose. For some reason I have never in my entire life ever been able to do this. I've had hundreds of people tell me how to do it, but for some reason I never quite got the hang of it. Plus I HATE anything going up my nose.

However today was the day. I was talking to my swim buddy and was explaining how I was trying to learn how to swim under the water without holding my nose. He looked at me like I was a big imbecile and said "Huh? What are you talking about? Just do it. Just go under."

Hmmmmmm. Really?

And guess what? That did it. I just went under. And it was totally fine.

And I didn't drown. So whoo hoo!

Now if someone asks me how to swim under the water without holding their nose, I am going to say "Just do it. And also, keep your mouth shut."

I can't wait to go back to the pool!

No comments: