Friday, June 13, 2008

The Truth Behind the Celts Win Last Night

I haven't watched a Celts game since about 1990.

Not even this year.

Not the games, or the playoffs, or the finals.

Don't get me wrong, I think basketball is a great game and Kevin Garnett is totally hot. But it just that, eh, I dunno, it's not my game.

However, the other night (Game 3 of the Finals) I switched on the game just because I felt I ought to. And the Celts ended up LOSING!

So then last night I switched on the game again, during the end of the 1st quarter and for the 2nd quarter and they were losing again!

Hmmmm.....

But then I switched off the game thinking that the game was just going to end with a Celts loss, however guess what? As soon as I turned off the game, the Celts came back to win!

So no more Celtics games for me and all you fans can thank me when they bring home the trophy or the gold ball or whatever it is you win in basketball.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I feel exactly the same way. I usually only let myself watch 2 or 3 minutes at a time, then switch off if things aren't going well.