Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's true, drugs & sex DO sell!

So I posted about these people f*cking and smoking crack behind my house the other day and it was picked up by Universal Hub.

And it got over 500 hits.

Which if you ask me is, uh, telling.

Anyway, for those that are curious, let me update you.

About 45 minutes after calling the police a friend called to tell me that he heard the call go out on the police channel. Around half an hour after that the police actually showed up.

I don't know that I would say that they were annoyed exactly at having to come out on this call, but they were clearly not thrilled about it either.

Cop 1 didn't even bother to talk to me. He looked at me when I said "hi" but then just strolled away after glancing around the scene of the "crime". I am not positive what he expected to find, I was hoping for a few baggies of crack or some used condoms, but no. No evidence whatsoever.

Cop 2 was very polite and told me that the sex part didn't interest him (!) but he wanted to know more about the drug part. I gave a description of the seller and the two buyers and he in turn told me to have a nice day and to please call immediately if I see anything happen again (yeah, right!). He then said they would drive around the neighborhood and see if they saw anyone who matched that description.

Personally I was pretty sure that by that point the drug dealer was long gone to get a sub at Stash's, while the crack ho was probably working her way through her high in some stairwell somewhere.

But hey, I don't know nothing about catching no criminals!

1 comment:

rob v said...

Hilarious! All of it.

I like how the cop said he wasn't interested in sex. I wonder if he wanted to take that back... :-)

~r