Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Mother of All Renovations

According to an article in the Bawstin Glob, the Harbor Towers are undergoing a major facelift.

Well, maybe not a facelift so much as a tummy tuck.

Did I say it was gonna be major? I mean may-ja!

The renovation is going to cost $75 million smackaroos.

And the assessment is due at the end of the month, in full.

$75 mill between 500 folks works out to about $150,000 per person - if you were going to lay it out like that. Of course it's not going to be evenly divided, but fo'shizz if someone came to me and told me I had to come up with $75,000 in thirty days, I would probably go cuckoo.

That's $2500 per day. Holy pit sweat Batman, I am stressing and I don't even live there!

Of course the trustees seem to think nothing of signing merrily on the dotted line. Hell, Walsh Bros is thrilled to be doing such a big job - not only are they right down the street, but heck if you are going to do it right, do it union! And that is easily worth about $35,000,000 right there.

I feel bad for the few people in the article who are saying "whoa nelly, you want HOW much to do WHAT exactly". From the sounds of the article, you'd have thought they were the ones who pooped in the punch bowl.

Heck, for $75K I could build an exact replica of my own house in my backyard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahhaa