Saturday, November 24, 2007

More for The List

As regular readers may know, I keep a running list of things I would not do. It's not too long, so that means that there are lots of things I will do.

Today I am adding another thing to the list: Shopping for "doorbusters" on "Black Friday".




For one thing I hate traffic and there was a 4 hour traffic jam of people trying to get into the Wrentham Outlets.

People were turning on each other like rabid rabbits, ears flattened and tails a'thumping territorially. At least that is how it looked on the news.

Which is ridiculous, because they put themselves in the situation voluntarily!

And I sure would not want to be the person who has to work there and be at work at 4am with hordes of crazed bargain shoppers coming at you.

There is no kind of deal that would reward me enough in exchange for shaving a year off my life. Because that is what that kind of stress does to a person. Shaves years off. Just so you know.

Even if they were giving away Le Crueset fo'free, I would not put myself through that kind of stress.

Yeah, so a "doorbuster", definitely on my list of things I don't want to do.

No comments: