Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bad boys! bad boys! Whatchoo gonna do?

Whatchoo gonna do when they come for you!

My pal EvenSteven sent me the link to www.hulu.com and now I am hooked.

(Quick back story - when I was a kid, my parents told me that the TV was broken and could only tune in Sesame Street, Electric Company, and Zoom. When they found out that the babysitter could magically fix the TV and tune in General Hospital and The Price is Right, they told us that TV would rot our brains. Well, they were right about the brain and the rotting - although I prefer to blame booze, internet, and too much candy.)

Anyway, given my TV deprived background, I have spent much of my adult life catching up on all that I missed (Rosebud!) and now I can watch lots of it on Hulu.

So what is the first thing I tune in? Cops! That's right - bad boys, bad boys! And I have just finished watching five episodes in a row. Bad boys! Bad boys!

There is not one person who doesn't know that theme music. All you have to say is "bad boys bad boys" and I guarantee you someone around you will pipe up with "whatchoo gonna do?"

And everyone always pretends that Cops is so pedestrian and low brow and that they would never ever watch it, but I think that the biggest reason people secretly really do watch it is because EVERYONE likes to know that there are dumber people than them out there.

Because who hasn't had that awkward civilian-policeman moment? I know I've had one or two. Like the time that I was pulled over and the nice policeman said:

"Miss, do you know why I pulled you over?"

To which I nearly replied:

"Because I was doing 50 in a 20 mile per hour zone?"

Thankfully he interrupted me before I could and very helpfully informed me that one tail-lamp was out.

If my answer had been:

"Because I have a trunk full of guns, ammo, and 48 pounds of coke"

I feel that I would have definitely made it onto Cops. *sigh*

Bad boys! Bad Boys!

No comments: