Sunday, February 17, 2008

Audrey Ryan doesn't do 10,000 Maniacs


I went to see Audrey Ryan on Friday night and let me tell you, she is good. Really, really good.

Her MySpace page includes a quote describing her as a cross between Joni Mitchell and Radiohead.

I love her song "Later Alligator" - one of the most accurate songs about the high school experience I think I've ever heard.

Luckily for me, she politely played it twice because I missed it the first time.

Probably also because the only other person making requests was completely wasted and totally desperate and kept requesting 10,000 Maniacs and the Grateful Dead while dry-humping some guy's leg and sucking down Cape Codders. *sigh*

Anyhow anyone who plays the accordion as prettily as she does ought to be famous. Check out her song "People" - it gets in your head.

No comments: