Monday, September 29, 2008

Take THAT damn Taliban.

I am still PISSED at the Taliban for assassinating Malalai Kakar. So I've figured out how to get back at them.

I signed up for Kiva.

Basically for $25 a pop I get to make a micro loan to another person. It's literally just a loan. You simply pick a borrower, lend them the money, and then you get paid back over time. I created my account with some of the money I won in a raffle so I didn't really even feel it, which works out to $25 for me, and $25 on behalf of my sister. Because at the end of the day we are two lucky girls with everything we need and more. Why not spread the love?

Anyway, personally I am going to make it a point to pick women. Just my way of sticking it to the Taliban.

Oh and by the way, it is totally addictive. I wish I had tons more to give.

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: