Monday, April 10, 2006

Taaaake Me Out to the Balllllllllgame.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is Opening Day at Fenway Pahk.

Hmm, I thought it was last week.

And then I thought it was today, seeing as how there was a couple of helicopters buzzing around the place.

I just don't get the ritual of baseball.

And everytime I've been to a game at Fenway, I have consistently been surprised when the game actually starts. I find the lack of any kind of kick off disorienting.

Not only the beginning, but the end too. All of a sudden all the players walk off the field and hey the game is over.

And who knew, because the little green rectangular box that's supposed to tell you the score shows a line of numbers.

I think the R box is Runs, which I think is HOMEruns and that would be the score.

So what's with all the other numbers?

But I will still cheer on the Sox.

Because that's what you do if the only reason you go to Fenway is to drink beer in the sun in the afternoon.

And maybe knock back a few sausages with peppers & onion.

No comments: