Monday, February 20, 2006

Ok, why jelly?

Or even, oh! K-Y Jelly.

There are two ads currently drilling a hole in my temporal lobe.

The first is a tv ad for a new show from Lorne Michaels and I think starring Lorne Michaels - of SNL fame. I think it is called "Sons & Daughters".

At any rate the trailer for the show has a scene in which the husband is describing to his wife that having sex with her is like throwing a wrench into a closet.

I don't know why, but I laugh every time. Every time.

The second ad is a radio ad for K-Y Jelly Warming Liquid.
Which is clearly not for the wrench and closet crowd.

And definitely NOT for the morning drive people!

For real, the last place I ever want to hear about a hot oil treatment for the cooter is in my car at 8am.

But aside from that this ad grosses me OUT. Everyone knows that K-Y jelly is that grody little bent up tube at the back of the medicine cabinets of people who are in psychoanalysis.

K-Y jelly belongs in the weird realm of crap your parents bought and which you always said you would never buy when you grew up.

And in case you were wondering, also included in this group are:

- Tucks Medicated Pads
- Metamucil
- Gold Bond Powder
- Anything made by Fleet in a red or green box


But yeah, back to my point about the ad: it's gross, and it will never be hip.
It's a personal lubricant for crying out loud and the parent company is Johnson & Johnson!

No comments: