Tuesday, August 28, 2007

You heard it here first

As some of you faithful readers may know, I recently had dealings with U-Haul. In a nutshell, some kids in a van came around a corner too hard and smashed my bumper off.

So now I have the most expensive bumper in Boston because secondhand sh*tbox bumpers are hard to find.

Anyway at the end of this ball of red tape I found out a number of things that make me think that there is something seriously fishy going on at U-Haul:

a) After all the paperwork had been processed, the claims person at U-Hauls insurance company told me that the van had suddenly been reported stolen. Hmmmm, after more than a month?

b) all U-Hauls (at the Mass Ave place anyway) are registered and licensed in Arizona. Hmmmm, that can't be legal. I didn't think vehicles could be registered out of state for that long, just think of all that potential revenue. Surely the Registry would want all that money in their coffers instead....

c) the vehicle was reported stolen like three weeks after it was in an accident. Now that just stinks like a 5 day old herring.

I think that at some future date there is going to be some big bust and we're going to find out that U-Haul is just a big front for something illegal.

And probably not something interesting like knock-off designer purses or jeans or cute shoes.




Remember, you read it here first!

No comments: