Saturday, February 28, 2009

You know you are getting old when...

Ok, well really I am not getting old. I look 27 and think 17. The word "poop" still makes me laugh and for the most part so does farting.

However I can mark the passing of time with certain universal milestones. For example I recover less quickly from a night out, not that I can't stay out late, but face it - I am exhausted by midnight. And now my body wants to get up early no matter what time I go to sleep, so there is that conflict.

I am also at that point where I am starting to get cynical about "youth today", because face it - they never walked to school, in the snow, five miles each way, all uphill.

The biggest "ah HA, uh oh, oh no!" moment however is when it finally dawned on my that I am losing my sweet tooth. Coming from a person who used to put sugar on Frosted Flakes, this is saying a lot.

It hit me today when I stopped at Starbucks on my way home from Russos. I got a foamy coffee and a sugary doughnut. And as I took a chunk of the doughnut I thought "ugh, too sweet". At which point I nearly crashed my car to the river.

Too sweet.

Might as well switch from Underoos to Depends.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is my fav. really.