Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Curious Case of Me versus Comcast

As some of you may know I have had some "back and forth" with Comcast. Who I usually refer to as Concrap.

Some time ago they came along and stuck a large, unsightly, cable box onto the side of my house. Too bad for them they didn't ask me first.

But when I first started asking them to take it down they in essence told me to get stuffed.

Ok well whatever. I had cable for a while anyway so I didn't care.

I soon came to the realization that having anything to do with Comcast was going to shave about 6 years off my life. For the most part the cable only worked Tuesday through Thursday and only if the meteorological conditions were exactly perfect. And if you wanted it to work for the weekend you had to physically be in your home when the technician called to say they were en route.

Then they suspended my account because I wouldn't pay an extra $40 in advance - a "service deposit" some dopey customer service rep wanted me to pay.

So I canceled my account.

Because I want to live!!!


Then, with no cable, I got really irritated that there was a big ugly box stuck onto my house. A big ugly COMCAST box, those f*ckers! A constant reminder of a sh*tty experience.

I called them and they were like "yeah ok well whatever, you shouldn't have let us put it up there in the first place". Hah! I was probably AT WORK when they came by, between the hours of 1 and 4.

Out of frustration I emailed both the City and the State cable regulation offices. The State DTC office responded within days.

As did Comcast. They set me up with a Customer Service rep who tried to convince me to leave the box up. First they tried to offer me $1000 to let them park the box there in perpetuity. Ha.

Then they tried to guilt me into it by telling me that if I made them take it off, no one would be able to have cable. Well that wasn't my problem really.

Finally they grudgingly agreed to remove the box.

And what a production that was! But who cares, stupid box is gone. Now the idiots who kept falling of my porch trying to jack cable can go try to sue someone else when they fall on their heads!

However, a lingering scar remains in the brick. Which Comcast filled with what appears to be Vaseline.

I called them back up and asked them to fix it. They came back with some "options" - and asked me if I could meet with them to discuss them. Yeah right - between 1 and 4 on a Tuesday by chance?

Eh, to be fair, they were actually willing to come out on a Saturday. But of course they never got back to me on that.

The "options" I was offer was that they were willing to come and fill the holes in the brickwork with brick colored putty.

Huh. Brick-colored vaseline/putty.

Um no thanks. I explained that what I meant when I asked them to fix it, I meant to fix it to original condition.

A request that was met with an "um" followed by silence. And then I was turned over to the insurance people.

I got a letter today from the insurance company basically telling me that they are going to investigate the circumstances that led to the damage on my house.

This should be fun.

No comments: