Sunday, November 09, 2008

LiquorLand Wine Tasting

I think that LiquorLand has become quite the hipster place since its relocation to Mass Ave. It's the the trucker cap circa sometime late 1990's/early 2000's.*

It's still gungy enough for the wino's to feel at home, and hip enough to carry locally distilled spirits.

And one more reason to love them is that they are having a holiday wine tasting, and at first I was sort of annoyed at the holiday theme, until I realized that it is more of a Thanksgiving holiday promotion!

Yay, Thanksgiving does come first!

I plan to go with La Maman, which I think is probably the hip thing to do. Right?


*Let me just point out that I am not hip in anyway and have never understood the trucker cap popularity. I have always thought they made the wearer look dorky. And perhaps that is the point and it's meant to be hipster and ironical, but as a big dork myself, I don't know why anyone would try to be dorky. So when I say late 1990's/early 2000's, it is just a guess.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

And you thought that it would be hard to find something cheaper than $1 oysters :-) Free wine!

Mike said...

Liking things ironically is the new hating things.

I, for one, will stick with hate.

Miss. Von Schtoop said...

For the record, that was one FUN event.