Thursday, June 09, 2005

Holy crap, it's been a while.

And for those of you who are wondering what exactly in the Wide Wide World of Sports I have been doing all this time, sorry, I dunno myself.

Well I know that for part of my day I am sucked into reading Missed Connections on Craigslist. Which is more like Cracklist to me. Seriously.

Granted there are some seriously boring ones to get through, like:
"My boyfriend thinks my best friend is hot. I have a hangnail. Oh my god is that a hiku?"

Then there are the ones anyone can repond to, like:
"i saw you on the T & ur hottt!. email me!"

Of course there are the ones that make me curious for more, like:
"Thanks for locking me up in the broom closet. The fifty on the nightstand is for you."

So that's part of it anyway. And then there is an ad for the season five DVD of the Sopranos which has been playing here in anticipation of Father's Day which I keep watching for. The ad is comprised of scenes between Tony and his son. Hilariously the music for this little montage is "Best Friend" by Harry Nilsson. You know, the theme from The Courtship of Eddie's Father.

You know you want to sing it...

So go ahead, lyrics provided below:

People let me tell you ‘bout my best friend
He’s a warm-hearted person who’ll love me to the end
People let me tell you ‘bout my best friend
He’s a one boy cuddly toy, my up my down, my pride and joy

People let me tell you now he’s so much fun
Whether we’re talking man to man
Or whether we’re talking son to son

Cause he’s my best friend now

No comments: